When it’s time to sell your house fast in Omaha and Council Bluffs, you want to do what is best for you. Your two basic options are either to use a local real estate agent in Omaha and Council Bluffs or to do a for sale by owner (FSBO) deal. But which is the better route to take? If you hire a local real estate agent in Council Bluffs and Omaha, you will have to pay her a commission, but if you sell your house fast in Council Bluffs and Omaha yourself, you get to keep all the money, right? The problem is, though, there is far more to it than that. So let’s look at the benefits of hiring a local realtor in Omaha and Council Bluffs over an FSBO in Omaha and Council Bluffs.
Benefits of Hiring an Agent Over an FSBO in Omaha and Council Bluffs Listed
Hiring a local realtor in Council Bluffs and Omaha (instead of doing an FSBO) in Omaha and Council Bluffs comes with multiple benefits, including:
- Agents are filters. A great benefit of using an agent is that it can save you considerable time. Your agent can separate the tire kicker from the serious homebuyers early on in the process.
- Agents are objective. An agent won’t have the emotional attachment to your home that you do. That means your agent will be a better negotiator and can usually get you a better price
- Agents understand the market. An agent will know the prices in your area and what features home buyers find most attractive in your particular niche market.
- Agents remain available. The relationship you forge with your agent doesn’t end when the contract is signed. Your local realtor in Council Bluffs and Omaha will still be available to answer questions or address concerns after closing.
- Agents save you work, time, and money. Your local agent in Omaha and Council Bluffs will do all the work you would have to do yourself with an FSBO.
Other Top Benefits of Hiring an Agent in Omaha and Council Bluffs
An important benefit of hiring a Council Bluffs and Omaha agent is that they are usually bound by the National Association of Realtors (NAR’s) code of ethics to always put your interests above their own. The NAR code also holds Omaha and Council Bluffs agents accountable for making full disclosures about a property’s problems and issues for truth in advertising, which is required by law for sellers. Basically, this ensures that you can trust your agent to do what is right and what is best for you.
Local real estate agents in Omaha and Council Bluffs have the experience and industry knowledge to allow them to accurately assess the value of your home as soon as they walk through the front door. In addition, your local real estate agents in Omaha and Council Bluffs will know the value of comparable homes in the neighborhood, which means she can advise you in pricing it right.
You can, of course, check out home prices online yourself, but hiring local real estate agents in Omaha and Council Bluffs can help you avoid wasting a lot of time. Your agent can help you find the sweet spot for pricing one that allows you to get the sale price you need while at the same time promoting a fairly quick sale.
REPAIR REQUESTS AND CONCESSIONS
Repair and concessions requests are an inevitable part of the house-selling process, but it can get a little sticky. Most homes have one or more upgrade/repair issues that need to be addressed, and navigating successfully through this requires a good amount of both experience and skill. Your local real estate agents in Omaha and Council Bluffs can help you avoid getting taken or giving away too much just to close the deal.
There are, then, multiple benefits of hiring a local real estate agent over an FSBO in Omaha and Council Bluffs. Your local real estate agents in Omaha and Council Bluffs really are in your corner and trying to get you the best deal possible. For one thing, her livelihood depends on it. And, besides, it just makes sense to save time, effort, and money whenever you can. To discover more finding a good local real estate agent in Omaha and Council Bluffs and about how we can help. Contact a professional local realtor in Council Bluffs and Omaha like Chris and her team at Homes By Chris Harter today at 402-378-9462 or www.homesbychrisharter.com!