As with any other real estate sale in Omaha or Council Bluffs, selling a townhouse fast in Omaha and Council Bluffs takes a good bit of preparation and effort, along with strategic marketing. Because a townhouse is in very close proximity to or shares walls with other units, you need to know how to market to the buying audience. And then there are the HOA rules that make selling a townhouse even more different from selling a traditional home fast in Council Bluffs and Omaha. The sale itself may be pretty much the same, but preparation and marketing emphases will likely differ. So check out our tips for selling a townhouse fast in Omaha and Council Bluffs.
Marketing and selling a Council Bluffs or Omaha townhouse can be both easier and harder than selling a single family home fast in Omaha or Council Bluffs. Determining fair market value and pricing is usually easier because there are several or many very similar homes within the townhouse community. And this makes it easier to reassure buyers that you’ve priced fairly.
But different townhouse communities have different amenities and different rules, which makes appropriate marketing a little more difficult. Buyers will be looking at both the townhouse and the community perks and regulations as well as shared and nearby amenities. “You and your local Omaha and Council Bluffs real estate agent should,” the pros maintain, ‘include any walking trails, parks, playgrounds, fitness centers, swimming pools, and assigned guest parking in the listing.”
Basically, you need to aim your listing and marketing at the potential buyers who will actually be interested in what your townhouse has to offer. Find out how your local realtor in Omaha and Council Bluffs can help you do this by calling Chris and her team at Homes By Chris Harter at 402-378-9462.
Consider HOA Compliance
Another consideration in selling a townhouse fast in Omaha and Council Bluffs is making sure you’re in compliance with HOA rules and regulations. “Depending on how active your Home Owners Association is, there might be rules in place about where you can put your ‘For Sale’ sign and how you can market the property. Make sure to check your community’s bylaws at the beginning of the sale process to determine what you can and can’t do.” And keep in mind, too, that in selling a townhouse the purchase offer often contains a clause that makes the sale contingent on the buyer’s acceptance of these rules by a certain date.
In one respect, selling a townhouse fast in Omaha or Council Bluffs is no different from selling any other kind of real estate. And that is that you have to prepare the property for sale. It’s just that with a townhouse, buyers may be more discriminating, and this preparation becomes even more important. Here are just some of the things you’ll need to do:
- Paint – You will need to repaint the interior in appropriate colors and tones, usually more subdued and neutral. Be sure, though, to check with your HOA before doing any painting on the exterior.
- Declutter and Clean – No matter what kind of property, you always need to declutter and deep clean. You should also do at least some staging. Many surveys show that staged homes sell faster and at a better price, so you should probably consider hiring a professional stager.
- Update/Replace Fixtures – If your townhouse appears well maintained and up to date, you will have a much better chance of selling at the price you need. The kitchen and bathroom will be the most important here, but don’t neglect the other rooms, especially when it comes to light fixtures.
- Address the Flooring – Floors get more buyer attention than you might think. So make sure those hardwood floors have been refinished or at least polished and the carpets have been cleaned or replaced where worn or stained.
- Improve Curb Appeal – The outside of your townhouse – the landscaping and the rest of the curb appeal – is what creates the critical first impression. So make sure the outside looks as good as the inside (but again you should check the HOA in order to remain in compliance).
Play Up the Benefits
Townhouses and townhouse living offer several benefits and advantages, and these you should definitely emphasize in selling your Omaha or Council Bluffs townhouse fast, especially with respect to marketing. For example:
- “Financially, townhouses are a great option for first home buyers. They allow them to buy a home in an area they may not otherwise be able to afford. Buyers can often purchase a property with the same number of bedrooms and bathrooms as a standalone property, for a fraction of the price in their desired locations.”
- A huge draw of townhouses is that they typically offer low-maintenance living. Owners contribute to the cost of maintenance (primarily through HOA dues), but they don’t actually have to do any of the major maintenance tasks.
- Built-in Community – For gregarious people who like an active social life, a townhouse is a perfect option. There are the many other residents of the townhouse community very close by, as well as the organized social events.
- Today, an important point to play up in selling a townhouse fast in Omaha or Council Bluffs is the fact that townhouses are very often energy-efficient and environmentally friendly. More and more, they are being built with sustainability in mind.
Contact Chris and her team at Homes By Chris Harter
As we’ve mentioned, selling a townhouse fast in Council Bluffs or Omaha can be very different from selling a traditional detached single-family dwelling. And that means you will need a local Omaha and Council Bluffs real estat agent who has solid experience with and so understand everything involved in the process of selling townhouses. And even better is a local real estate agent in Council Bluffs and Omaha who has experience selling townhouses in your area.